When it came to naming my little one it wasn’t that hard for i had fallen in love with the name Amelia years ago.Honestly can’t remember where i saw it but i thought it to be the sweetest, most lovely name ever.So as soon as the ultrasound confirmed that it was to be a girl i began calling her Amelia :)……
Choosing an appropriate name is one of the biggest battle couples have for seldom do they agree on the first or even second name.Compromising is the best solution.Name giving is a universal language.Mothers and fathers generally listen to to family and friends even strangers before bestowing a name to their newborn.
Many find inspiration from the bible, famous singers or maybe celebrities for the perfect name.
I came across some key points to use when naming your child and thought it might help someone out there. 🙂
We can name our kids anything we please but we gotta think of these first
- Is the name easily spelt and pronounced
- What nicknames/pet names can be derived from it
- Do the initials form a word….Is that word objectionable or embarrassing
- Is the name so unusual that it draws undesired attention
- Be sure the name fits the gender of the child
- Use care in naming your baby
- Consider how the first name flows into the last
- Avoid using a name that’s only cute be versatile
- Finally ensure you both agree on it
I hope these points helps 🙂